Monday, August 3, 2009

Soooooo......

So whats been happening out there this week Glenn?.....

....Well to be fair everything & nothing.

On the "Project" front things are in a holding pattern whilst I wait for the finishing touches to be made to the wooden base block, sanding and clear coasting etc, much the same for the carbon brackets which will shine up a treat.

Once the polishing is complete its the simple task of fitting it altogether, (I have had it altogether and built up before the polishing phase and believe me it looks awesome!), then its done and onto the next "project".

Bike wise I have sold my "racing bike" (not that I was doing any racing on it hahaha,the 09 Giant previously listed)and so now need another steed to roam the streets of CHCH on and terrorise the locals with....hmmmm what to buy? Well I have decided to go total Retro for the next 6mths or so.......

....After all the blog title is Rewiretrorides!

1993 Motorola Eddy Merckx kitted out full Dura Ace 8spd STI, niiiiiiiice!!!

Pretty much the only components not Team issue will br the Saddle (rocking a white Rolls - cant have white handle bar tape and black saddle, I'm sorry that's just NOT OK....EVER!!!) and the Mavic rims, Wolber clincher rims are pretty hard to come by these days and I'm not keen on rolling tubs at $50+ a flat ya no!

So the Boys at the shop are cleaning up the grouppo for me and will put Eddy together for me this wk (would love to do it myself but working far too much this wk) and will probably place it next to my other (fav Eddy) Merckx in their shop window for a few days before I collect it.

Cant wait to ride this bike, I have always wanted a Motorola Merckx, and I never got to race on a top steal bike, carbon and alloy were the order of the day when I started racing, so riding a TSX frame will be a treat for sure, SL & SLX are nice and smooth so I'm hoping the TSX will be a treat also. My last Eddy I rode (set up as a single speed) was SL and man it was nice to ride, a touch too big but still so so smooth!

So the Merckx will see me right until the other side of Xmas and the track season at Denton speed dome. Ha road riding on a '93 steely and track racing on a 06 BT full carbon with Zipps, cant get much further apart than that now can ya!?!

Watch this space in the coming days as I post photos of the Merckx build and also HOPEFULLY by Friday the "project" in its finished glory!

Ride safe....G

No comments: