Friday, August 7, 2009

17 yrs in the making!

The newest edition to my humble lil Steel Stable.....1993 TSX Motorola Eddy Merckx


To all the "Purists" out there, yes I know the Motorola Team didn't use Rolls saddles and I know that they didn't use Campagnolo rims or Mitchelin tyres, but please bare with me, I am only temporarily using this bike until summer when I will then strip her down and do a 150% overhaul of this master piece.

I have in waiting a set of Wolber Rims, Avocet Saddle, Cineli engraved E.Merckx stem (too short for me to ride with).








Fully loaded with Shimano Dura-Ace 7403 components this little baby is a very close working ride able example of a 1993 Team bike that I have seen in yrs. Number hanger and bolt are at the ready for the TdF replica number of the most winning rider Le Tour has ever seen, one Mr L.Armstong, 1993 TdF no#34!

The next series of photo's are simple....only thing better than 1 Eddy Merckx is...well 2 Eddy Merckx!!!

































I haven't yet had the chance to ride Eddy yet, as always something to do with work takes over, but I am praying to the weather God's for another fine day tomorrow to test run my new toy!

Ride safe ....G

1 comment:

DANNY H. WANG said...

beautiful bike. i have the same era team kelme century tsx with the same dura ace 7410 group. nice build.