Friday, July 4, 2008

Team Hitachi Merckx




Just arrived today, team hitachi Merckx, 88/89 team hitachi was originally a Mavic sponsored team but this bike will be built up with Dura Ace STI 8spd as its the earliest groupset I have that isnt Campagnolo.


Brought off trademe recently (off one of the best traders I've ever dealt with by the way) it is due to be built up and ridden a few times before making its way onto ebay for a new home.



As it is not really in a collectable state and given the incorrect groupset it simply cannot be placed in the collection stable.



I was watching the 89 Tour on dvd the other day and watching these frames on the roads of France was pretty cool, I think Mr Merckx was sponsoring at least 3 teams that yr, Hitachi, Kelme, Winiemen (spelling?) oh and how could I forget, the most wanted of all Eddy Merckx frames.....Team 7 eleven!!!



even though this example is not in such a great shape you still have to admire the classic lines and details of the Merckx brand, I only wish they had of keep the same design on there frames these days, today's Merckx frames are a mere shadow of their former selves.



Once i have built her up and taken her out for a roll I'll post some more photo's of the complete ride and how it goes. If anyone out there is interested in buying this bike leave a comment with your email and I'll get back to you. cheers

No comments: