Monday, July 7, 2008

Campagnolo Delta Brakes


Ever since i started riding in 1988 I always wanted a set of these beauties, until my coach and sponsor, Brain Lambert of Lambert Cycles in Masterton told me how much they cost, like all good bike shop owners they came at a price hahaha. Being all of 14 and at school I didn't even dream of asking the old man to cough up for something that would slow me down!!! eating pies from the bakery he managed would do that at a fraction of the price.

Some 20yrs later and I have had 3 sets and still hold onto the best set of all, Campagnolo C-Record Delta's attached to my Master piece, 1988 Colnago Master full C-Record groupset.
The first set I managed to acquire off trademe for a few hundred bucks a couple yrs back NOS Croce d Aune, levers cables the works the only thing missing was the box, DAM IT!!! If the box had of come with them i would never have sold them (for a tidy profit I might add), i no i no i should never have sold them but I was` racing at the time and needed the cash to buy my BT track bike, hey they are almost retro now, my one weighed as much as the Colnago so it almost counts.



Anyway the Colnago had the next set as mentioned above and then when i found another set of CdA's on eBay for a bargain I just had to have them for the Rossin Ghibli in the post below. The Delta's on the Rossin came from the South of France, the Record on the Colnago are from Wellington NZ, god knows where the NOS CdA's came from but they ended up in the States which is where the Rossin is heading.

They may not have ever been the best stopping brakes and they were always considered pretty heavy but mate aren't they just the best looking bicycle component ever made!!!! I will NEVER sell the Colnago so the Record Deltas are here to stay.

I live in hope that one day sometime in a far off world that Campagnolo will re release the C-Record groupset for an anniversary, the house will be mortgaged in a second!!!

WANTED!!! REWARD OFFERED!!

1 comment:

David Benson said...

Its a little known factoid that Campagnolo still offers brake shoes for Delta brakes.
Their part number for set of 4: BR-REDE