Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crystal Cool

The next step in the display project is complete!

After much humming and haaing I got talking to a mate of mine about how best to thread the clear BB shell for my project, we decided to try a tapping tool first....hmmmm that's just not going to work Glenn, too blunt, too hard!!!

So I thought now what? This clear BB shell really IS the centre piece of the whole display, it needs to be done just right! I got talking to another mate who races (very well indeed I might add) and also has an Engineering degree, and also happens to work with/for a very special bike manufacturing company here in Chch (Dynamic Composits), dude take the clear shell to the guys that thread out BB's for the frames we build, easy, done!

So I thought right I'm going to be dealing with an engineer who deals in exact measurements and so on....I need a picture with the measurements and shows EXACTLY what i want.......


The guys @ Goodman Engineering were so helpful and quick to get the job done I just have to give them a shout out, awesome work guys, thanks heaps!

I didn't even get around the block before I had to pull over and put my new toy together int he car.....

The BB has come out so much cooler and nicer than I ever thought it would have....very very very cool!!!



More photos to be posted shortly once I have finished work for the day....Ride safe G

No comments: