Wednesday, July 1, 2009

--- Campagnolo Special Gease ---

Its often said its the simple things in life that mean so much....never a truer word spoken when last night at my friends parents house I discovered this wee treat sitting on the shelf of the "bike room".


Go ahead mate, open it up and have a look, there's still plenty in there! You should have seen the smile on my face!(yes I need to get out more I know this!)with screw driver in hand and trying not to mark the can in anyway I popped the lid off to find the smoothest, sweetest smelling grease the world has ever known!!!

One of the biggest regrets I have had with my Colnago Master project was when taking the bike apart it was apparent that it still had the original Campagnolo grease used when it was assembled in 1988!!!

I'm thinking now, if I sweet talk my friends Dad into letting me use some of the "special grease" when I put the "Master" back together I can ride and gaze at her lovingly guilt free in the knowledge she has been rebuild just as she was all those yrs ago, what a 21st present a....some Campagnolo Special Grease, what a lucky girl!!!

Ride safe, G

No comments: